Friday, November 18, 2011

What kind of golf iron set should I get under 400$ ?

I currently have a ben hogan apex iron set and I want to upgrade to better irons to fit my game, but i also dont want to empty my wallet. ime 15 years old and my handicap is 18. ime looking for a good quality iron set that maybe includes hyrbrids (doesnt have to) and easy to hit irons. what are some suggestions. Iwas thinking about getting a nickent iron set but I dont know how good they are. the cheaper the better|||Your instincts are good, Nickent is definitely an emerging player in golf. The 3DX is a nice set of clubs. You should also consider Tour Edge, they have a very similar line, and also make top quality clubs at reasonable prices. I hit both clubs at a local demo days and was very impressed. However, I am a 4 index, and was looking for more of a player's iron. The Nickent 4DX almost ended up in my bag.





However, I would STRONGLY urge you to spend some of your budget getting properly fitted for irons. The lie and length of the club do make a difference. Ask the better golfers where you play where they buy their stuff. A launch monitor is not really needed for irons, but you do want to be able to hit demo clubs OUTDOORS. As others have advised you, you will be far better off with older models or even used clubs that are of good quality and fit your game.|||Apex irons huh? Well they're not for an 18 handicap that's for sure. I was at Dick's Sporting Goods today and saw a set of Nike Ignite's for 299 bucks. Game improvement irons with hybrid long irons. Nice set. I don't know if there is a Dick's Sporting Goods store where you are, but if there is, I'd jump on it.|||nickent's are good. I bought a set of r7 draw now i know they sound like slicers clubs but they aren't. I hit everything in the bag straight (even a driver with an open face) so that proves they wont cause a hook or make a big difference with a small draw but if you are trying to fade the ball do not purchase because they will hinder any attempts at trying to make it fade.|||If you want cheaper go with ebay or find a cheap site online that sells real clubs *not golfinstock.com* aka counterfeits. I suggest you go with a phased out model. should be able to get taylor made rac's cheap along with callaway or adams at rockbottom prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment