Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I just got my swing speed tested and its around 105mph. What degree/flex of ben hogan driver should I buy?

I am 17 years old. Around 180 lbs. I plan on getting stronger in the upcoming few years. I generally hit a fade on my drives and regular flex is no good for me. I like to swing extra hard on my drivers. Would getting an xstiff shaft be that horrible for me? I have the option to get 9.5 or 10.5. I also can get either draw or neutral bias. Thanks! I am around a 15 handicap because of my brutal short game.|||Why are you swinging extra hard on your drives? It leads to inconsistency. Your driver swing should be just as fluid as a 6 iron.


Anyways, you should go with a 9.5 , with a stiff shaft.|||My swing speed and handicap are about the same as yours. I hit a 9 degree Callaway FT-i with a stiff shaft and low kick point with a nuetral bias. I really like my ball flight with that setup.





At a 15 handicap, you may want to consider getting the nuetral bias and learning to control the fade. A good instructor should be able to correct that is a lesson or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment