Friday, November 18, 2011

Golf Question?

I am a experienced college golfer. My handicap is 7. I currently hit Nike NDS Irons and a Ben Hogan Driver. Whenever I hit these clubs, I pull the ball about 15 yards. Its a little cut but continues to hurt my game. Its not my swing because I know I swing on a even plane.


I believe its the curve on the club. I do not hit Tour Proffessional clubs and I think thats the reason. TP irons and drivers are straight and the reg clubs are curved.


I drive the ball about 285 and my 7 iron I probably hit 165. I am 5-10 175. I swing the club hard. Anyone help me out?|||If your swing path is correct ( meaning your divots point in the direction of the target ) than the offset built into your irons may be hurting you. However, have you ever checked the lie angle on these clubs? I rebuilt my swing and kept pulling the ball. Turns out my lie angles needed to be adjusted due to my impact position changing. Get your lie angles checked first. If they are correct I would sumise it is the offset in your clubs.





Jeff|||try the ne wtaylor made r7 draw irons I think they may come in the tp model which is for low handy cappers, or just try a stronger grip( turning your left hand in a little clockwise)|||You may be getting too much whip in your shaft. Try hitting a stiff flex shaft and see if that helps.|||It's the Indian, not the bow.|||What helped me not fade the ball is to close the clubface at impact. And above all turn your hips fully back.|||You are wrong, your swingpath must be a hair outside to inside if you are hitting a cut. Its not the clubs. Its your swing. Play around with drawing a few shots then backing off the draw til you get it straighened out. If you swing hard, likely that you are ahead of it and cutting the ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment