Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What is the difference between Draw and neutral bias heads?

I am looking to purchase a new Ben Hogan C-S3 Driver and am stumped. The site asks if I want a draw or neutral head. Does anyone know what this means? If so, what type is better for a beginning golfer? Thanks|||Draw biased club heads will have discretionary weighting built into them which affect the clubhead as it travels towards the ball. (Note this weight is not always a visible, adjustable weight thats become popular on some recent clubs, though these can be used to tune a draw as well).





The asymetrical weighting inside the head helps you to square the face through impact which will lessen or cure a slice, or, if you already strike the ball well with a good swing, it promotes a drawing ball flight or even a hook.





The trouble with a draw-biased head is that it can potentially cover up bad technique, in which case the money is better spent on lessons and practice.|||I'm 67 years old and I just purchased a draw 3 and 5 fairway wood. I seriously doubt playing once a week like I do now, that I will improve enough in the years I have left to hurt myself. I'll take the draw anytime I can get it.

Report Abuse


|||"Neutral" head means the clubhead is normal. A "draw" head means that the clubhead was made to help the ball curve to the left (if you are right-handed). In other words, if you make the exact same swing with both clubs, the club with the draw head would make the ball go more to the left. They make these draw heads because most beginning golfers slice the ball, which means the ball curves to the right, and the head compensates for that error a little bit. If you tend to miss your shots to the right like most beginners, I would recommend getting the draw head.|||No no no, if you get a draw head you will never learn hot to hit the ball correctly. I hate that they invented draw headed drivers, it just makes it okay to swing off plane. You should get a neutral driver, it will help you learn the game correctly. Get the neutral driver, the draw driver will help you in the begining but, when you get better, you wont want a hook.





The guy before me is right, the driver with a draw bias has a closed face. But the fact is that a nuetral driver still has a closed face, it is just not as closed as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment