Friday, November 18, 2011

Low Handicaper's Advice Wanted?

I need to purchase some clubs and could use some help! I need to find the best set of golf improving clubs. I am a strong 10 handicap (use to be lower) so please give me your serious advice. I am a med student so I only have around $300. I am leaning towards Mizuno mx23's, but I want to see if anyone has any serious negative thoughts about these clubs or if they know of some that are better. I have done quite a bit of research and have hit the mx25s as well as some others. the problem is...all new clubs are $600+...I have a budget of $300 and so that means i will probably be buying 2006's best irons and stores don't always have those...that's why I was hoping someone could point me in a direction of some good clubs...so that I can go look for them to go try. I am just wanting some suggestions on specific models...so that I can start comparing them. Like yonex...are those strong clubs? how bout ben hogan apex? I'm not asking you to pick my clubs for me...I just want some options.thnx|||Go to www.smtgolf.com and check out what Mike Tait has. You can buy a very good set of clubs custom for just under $350 probably.


He has three models of Iron heads to choose from. Also, checkout diamondtourgolf.com and you can give them the measurements that you have...customize your grips and shafts and the whole nine yards...


I currently play Mizuno MP-30, 33 combo set...cavity backs in the long irons and blades in the shorts irons and I'm converting to SMT equipment completely.


Oh...about a 8-9 handicap.|||Not sure what is the best club for you but check out this guy, I bought my clubs from him and save a bunch of $$$.





http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/|||Try this site below!





http://www.rockbottomgolf.com/|||Those Ben Hogan Apex's are great. You could also get the Nike Slingshot OSS awesome clubs. Or the Ben Hogan BH- 5 irons $299.99. The Macgregor clubs are very underated and great clubs as well, meaning the MacGregor MACTEC NVG2 $299.97. Even the nike CPR2 with a hybrid $299.97. You can find all of this at Golfsmith or Golfsmith.com.|||First off.....don't fall into what I call "The game improving club trap" Now with that out of the way......there are numerous choices out there....too many to list here. The MX 23's were solid clubs.....so were the Tommy Armour 845's. Hogan is now woned by Callaway. geesh not sure this has all been much help.....but the choices are virtually endless.|||go to the 1 iron golf web site, buy these clubs and watch the 10 drop i did...m|||I have Hogan Apex+. Best feeling set of clubs I've ever owned. Need to hit the sweet spot for full benefit, but are a little more forgiving than some blades. Lots of choices out there, all really good. You really have to demo multiple sets to get a feel for the differences.|||If you are not set on mizuno's i would suggest a set of ping g5's. i used this club up until last year. very forgiving and workable for the 10 handicap. the cavity back design makes for a much better feel when striking the ball correctly. you will be able to tell real quick the difference between a bad shot and good just by feel. and this helps you learn so much quicker.. the good thing is when you go to trade them in you will get a good fair trade value. when i got down to a 5 handicap i traded up for the s59's and got 3 hundred off.


but this is just my opinion|||man you should get the r7tp from taylormade they are ausome|||Look at the Nike CCI like Trevor Immelman uses. $399. steel or graphite. Another hundred and get a great club set. Check out tgw.com|||I recently traded in a set of Mizuno MX-20's, the predecessors to the 23's. I loved the clubs but was ready for something new but still price was an issue. I don't know where you are located but if there is a Golf Galaxy around i would go by and take a look at the Maltby KE-4 Tours. I had 4-PW to my specs for right at $300. If there is no Golf Galaxy then you can look at them online at http://www.golfworks.com/ . I did about 3 months of research before buying these and narrowed it down to MX-25's and these but for the price i LOVE my Maltby's

No comments:

Post a Comment